Published by OneSwitch.org.uk Tuesday, 17 February 2015 9:37 pm.
Above is a mix of games Shaz Hossain and I will likely set-up for our SpecialEffect stint at Geek 2015 in Margate this Sunday. GEEK is a brilliant family friendly event, with "Meet, Make, Play" as the tag. In the pot will be:
- 2015: A Light in Chorus: early access to this unreleased but staggeringly beautiful world. Twin stick access with optional switches.
- 2000: Shenmue: a day in the snow in 1980s Dobuita with plenty of money to spend in the You Arcade on Darts, 30 year old classics Space Harrier and Hang On. Colour-coded subtitles.
- 1990s: Arcade Classics: Street Fighter 2 and maybe some others such as Ridge Racer adapted for use with a head-tracker.
- 1983: Dragon's Lair: The ever stunning Dragon's Lair adapted by William Pilgrim for one-switch access.
- 1978: TV POWWW!: The earliest days of on-line speech controlled one-switch gaming! Pushing my luck with this working in a noisy environment with the 1970s telephone and TV, so it may get modified into something slightly different.
[UPDATE 01-03-2015] Geek 2015 was a joy. We had a steady flow of people from toddlers to people who were 60+. Such a lovely family atmosphere there, and great to chat about what we do at SpecialEffect, to share some fine games, and to swap ideas with Shaz. Here's hoping Geek 2016 will be in Dreamland, if opened in time.
Labels: SpecialEffect Games Roadshow