Switch Accessible Toys and Gadgets

Switch Adapted Toy: Head Full of Numbers. I've made a small update to the OneSwitch shop under "Rest of the World" to add links to others stocking switch accessible toys and gadgets. Alongside the excellent Excitim who have just won the inclusive award Good Toy Guide for 2009 are a number of other established favourites.

Happily I discovered and included Independent Life Technologies whilst on a hunt for switch accessible Yahtzee! They are new to me, and have a slew of great looking accessible games and gizmos, some completely unique to them.

Don't forget also that if you can't afford it or if no one is building it Do It Your Self adaptations offer an alternative and are often not too tricky.

Labels: ,

2 Responses to 'Switch Accessible Toys and Gadgets'

  1. # Blogger Gavin

    Thanks for the great info as always!

    On the topic of adapted toys, I have switch adapted two Nerf machineguns (which shoot soft foam darts) for our upcoming event. At the moment, I am using battery interrupters, but I will probably hard wire in the switch jacks soon. I have also mounted them on wheelchairs with the usual Bogen arms, by putting a clamp on each end. They are incredibly fun!

    I'll try to get you some more information and pictures soon.  

  2. # Blogger OneSwitch.org.uk

    Yes please! Very interested. Especially now that the supply of quality battery water pistols has dried up - be great to find out about a fun dry alternative.  

Post a Comment



Click to view my TWITTER feed.

Google Language Translation