Reverse! Reverse!

Dream-Gamer in action.
Dream-Gamer with two switch interface boxes.

I'm not a huge fan of Facebook and I'm often teetering on deleting my account. I felt a lot less like doing that after reading a great customer testimonial on Excitim's Dream-Technology's pages. Here's a snippet:

"It was approaching Xmas, and yet again I was finding it difficult to think of gifts for my son Scott who is 10 and has Cerebral Palsy. I wanted a TV interactive game - something that he could have fun with and use as independently as possible. Most of the games on the market had simple controls aimed at much younger children. His friends his age have PlayStations. I thought about it a lot, how wonderful it would be for Scott to be able to operate a PlayStation just like his friends, but never considered he would be able to, as the controls require good hand functionality and control.

That's when I was thrilled to come across the Dream-Gamer Web Site and was inspired by the story of another young boy like Scott, who had similar disabilities, but through a brilliant piece of equipment had been given access to independently play on a PlayStation."

The slightly revised Dream-Gamer PS2 controller with a slew of able-net switches and Maxess mounts were the very nice end result. See more switch accessible gaming gear at the Accessible Gaming Shop.

Labels: , , ,

3 Responses to 'Reverse! Reverse!'

  1. # Blogger Buckeyebrit

    Hi Barry, thanks for the great info sadly I seem to only see people who use PS3! Wondered if you knew about http://www.universalaccessgames.com/  

  2. # Blogger OneSwitch.org.uk

    I do indeed, but thanks for the link anyway - mini-review here:

    http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/2009/02/universal-access-games.html

    Re. the PS3 - most PS2 controllers can be attched to a PS3. My C-SID can - and I'm pretty sure the Dream-Gamer should be fine too.  

  3. # Blogger Buckeyebrit

    Doh! Sorry, still trying to get my head round this gaming malarky.  

Post a Comment



Games


Archives



Click to view my TWITTER feed.




Google Language Translation