A meme (sounds like "Gene")

Mark Rothko Art.

I was "tagged" to complete this "meme" by Kate at her Teaching Learners with Multiple Special Needs blog. I wouldn't normally get involved with anything like this (feels a bit like a chain-letter) - but I really like Kate and her work - so I've been won over.

The Rules…1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. 2. Each player answers the questions about themselves. 3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog. 4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

In 1998 I moved out of my Mum and Dad's and into the big wide world. I bought a flat in Leigh-on-Sea, a short walk from the beach. I remember friends and family helping me move in whilst Pulp's "Help the Aged" played on the radio.

Took a holiday to Beirut in Lebanon to see an old friend who was working out there. Got heat stroke - but loved my stay.

Working in Thurrock Care a "Special Care Unit" working for about 15 severely learning and/or physically disabled adults. Created the Dog Betting System and programmed a switch accessible number generator on their ancient (even then) BBC Micro. The formative years of One Switch.

2. What are my 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

Tidy up my work-room which is a tip after last weeks "Accessible Gaming Workshop".
Go for a 10 minute run.
Finish an illuminated switch adaptation for an artist in Glasgow.
See "Nims Island" with my partner and our daughter.
Try to catch up on some e-mails.

3. Snacks I enjoy... Bournville Dark Chocolate, Flapjacks, Perfect fruit.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire... Support artists to brighten up the world - plough cash into making fun things more accessible - spoil friends and family - sort out all the problems of the world (following Ian Dury's "You'll See Glimpses" template).

5. Three of my bad habits: Being messy - being un-sociable at times - tooting my car's horn too much.

6. 5 places I have lived: Always in Essex, UK - Canvey Island, Rayleigh, Westcliff, Leigh-on-Sea - but for a short month - Tirnaveni in Romania.

7. 5 jobs I have had: Computer operator/programmer - Road worker - Paper boy - Painter/Decorator - Mobile Volunteer Bureau driver.

8. 6 people I want to know more about (with blogs), because I'm just that nosy: Danigo Thierry of Réseau Nouvelles Technologies; Michelle Hinn of the IGDA's GASIG; Mark Barlet and Stephanie Walker of AbleGamers.com.... Yes I know that's not six - I told you I could be un-sociable!

3 Responses to 'A meme (sounds like "Gene")'

  1. # Anonymous Mark Barlet

    hehe, I can not imagine in my life I would make someones "want to know more about list". I would be more than happy to tell you more, but I think that it may be far more dull than one person should be forced to suffer.  

  2. # Blogger Michelle Hinn

    I'm crazy, Barrie! You really want to know more? Hehe.  

  3. # Blogger OneSwitch.org.uk

    Mark - no worries - I felt the same about mine - but I'm probably more self indulgent than you!

    Michelle - yes of course - and of course I already know you're crazy!  

Post a Comment



Click to view my TWITTER feed.

Google Language Translation